Please support our efforts to improve care of the dying in America.
End-of-Life Practitioner Program
- Online Registration: Your must complete and submit the correct registration form online. This enables us to process your request efficiently and give you a quick response. Registration forms serve as your application to the program. They are extensive and require focused effort and time. Please complete the entire application carefully. Answer all questions including essay questions.
- Automated Email: You will be sent an automated e-mail to verify that your application has been received and is being reviewed. Please note that all future correspondence is managed by email. Please add firstname.lastname@example.org to your address book to avoid correspondence being mistaken as spam.
- Application Review: We will review all applications. Dependent on the merits of your application, you may be selected for a telephone interview or asked to submit additional written materials. If your application is refused due to a lack of appropriate experience you will be notified by email and all fees will be refunded.
- Acceptance: Applications are reviewed within a week of being received. In most cases we make immediate decisions about acceptance. If accepted you will receive a final confirmation of participation by email. No further action will be required. We try to complete the acceptance process at least 4 weeks prior to the start date of each training session. This is dependent on when applications are received. Logistical information and a reading list will be emailed prior to the respective training session(s).
- Commuters: Applications for commuter places are processed after all 55 residential places have been filled. Please indicate your interest in a commuter place by checking the appropriate box on the registration form.
- Apply Now: We strongly urge you to submit your application immediately. Programs fill quickly.
There is a registration form for the ‘Full Program’ series and separate registration forms for each individual training module. Click on the appropriate link(s) below to register.
A teaching moment with Ange Stephens
MFT, MFCC., Co-Leader, End of Life
Metta Institute Programs will be on hiatus in 2016. Stay tuned for new programs in 2017.
What will strengthen my chance of acceptance into the program?
- An early application and well-considered responses.
- Substantial direct experience in end-of-life care (at least 2 years).
- A mature relationship to your inner life. Demonstrated by a specific description of your experience with mindfulness meditation, contemplative practice, a spiritual tradition or other inner life work.
- An established affiliation with a healthcare organization, hospice, in-home care, hospital, long-term care facility, educational institution or other community service provider addressing end of life care needs.
- Additional questions please email email@example.com or call Patty Winter, Program Coordinator at the Metta Institute (415)-331-9600.